Governing Vessel & the Spine
This fundamental Shin Tai course develops a diagnostic and manual treatment protocol for the Governing Vessel meridian. Governing Vessel is an energy pathway that is the most primitive part of the information system.
DATES: April 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 & 30
COST: $695 New Student / $195 Repeat fee
CONTACT: Contact Lynn Goodman at email@example.com or (267) 347-2290 with questions
REGISTER: Contact Shirley Scranta at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 340-9918 OR register below:
Shin Tai techniques are applied with a unique focus that results in unique responses in the body. But it is not the techniques alone which make Life Force Recovery so powerful; it is the comprehensive system of theory and evaluation that lie behind the techniques. This style of bodywork focuses on the flow of the central meridian, or energy flow, of the body: the Governing Vessel. In Chinese medicine, this meridian is the primary director of the human information system.
The Governing Vessel is the first energy current which develops after conception. It serves to govern the development of the other meridians, chakras, organs and the rest of the body's physiology. The spine itself is the material manifestation of this governing vessel energy. By working with the spine through a certain perceptual awareness, you will learn new ways to diagnosis and treat that touch the core potential of a person. This work activates the ability to not only heal, but develop and evolve.
The GV & the Spine course employs unique and extremely effective diagnostics that determine patterns of restricted body resonance. Using a flexible treatment protocol, normal resonance and proper spacial relationships are restored. This greatly increases the flow of life force through the body, improves numerous organic and neuromuscular problems, and gets the physical body, emotions and mind back on-line in real-time.
- General Release of the Central Channel
- Treatment of the spine and paravertebral muscles
- Treatment of the rib joints
- Treatment of the scapula and shoulder joints
- Alignment of the sacroiliac joint
- Activation of the parasympathetic nervous system
- Passive correction of the cervical vertebrae
- The origin and hierarchy of the core information system
- The healing power of the parasympathetic nervous system
- Connection of the governing vessel and spine
- The relationship of governing vessel and the parasympathetic nervous system
- Diagnosis of the governing vessel by motion
- The three phases of resonance
- Evaluation of spinal alignment and mobility
- Evaluation of the cervical spine
- Leg length check
Motion: An Evaluation Tool
One of the main evaluation tools you will study is motion. Shizuto Masunaga, a prominent shiatsu visionary, said that motion is synonymous with the basic life impetus. He also said that the Governing Vessel serves the basic life functions of the body. Shin Tai takes that a step further and explains that Motion = Life. The more motion we can introduce back into the body, the more life force becomes available for engagement in the present.
Motion in the body becomes your primary guiding tool to evaluate life force flow in the body. The motions we are looking for are subtle, specific, and act as to keys to reading the priority of the treatment. This work can literally make your work so much easier. You will be able to achieve more results with your clients in a shorter amount of time, because you learn where, when andhow to work during a treatment.
What can this course offer you?
- You will become a better bodyworker. You will achieve more results in less time with your clients.
- You will gain skills to give a very effective healing session to friends and family.
- You will understand the underlying physiology of what you are doing and why it liberates the flow of life force.
- You will expand into a new range of perception that will give you the capacity to give deeply transformative treatments and assist in your own self-development.
- You will learn a set of skills that can develop into a fulfilling career that contributes to the well-being of our world.